Bioassay Research Scientist
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd has a vacancy for 2 Bioassay Research Scientists to join our operations at Biocity Nottingham, UK with an immediate start!
The role is initially offered on a 12-month contract with potential to extend.
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd. is a specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
- Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
- Responsible for day to day laboratory maintenance and relevant housekeeping duties
- Assist in method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
- Assist in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements, including review of data and production of scientific reports.
- Raise a Purchase order and maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
- Assist the scientific team in securing GLP and ISO accreditation
- Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
- Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
- B.Sc/M.Sc degree in Bioscience
- 2+ years experience of working in a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) or a similar industry on client projects is essential
- Ability to work to strict deadlines is essential
- Experience of working with primary human/animal cells is essential
- Previous experience in cell culture, cell based functional assays, high throughput screening, fluorescence microscopy, multiplex immunoassays, western blot, qRT-PCR, molecular assays, Immuno-Oncology assays
- Proven skills and experience in designing and trouble-shooting the technologies used in the section/department
- High level understanding of the techniques used in their field of expertise
- High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary between £20K - £30K depending on qualifications and experience; discretionary bonus, 2% employer pension contribution, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Biocity Nottingham office.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for one of these roles to email@example.com
- Employer: Cellomatics BioSciences
- Updated: 4th August 2019
- Expires: 31st August 2019