We currently have a great opportunity for a Terminology Officer to join the TD Division in the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
MHRA enhance and improve the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research. The agency is made up of c.1300 staff working across two main centres and peripatetically across the UK and abroad.
The role of the Terminology Officer is to maintain dictionaries of substances used in medicinal products and organisation names, addresses and associated data; and assist with maintenance of other dictionaries as required.
The responsibilities of this role are to:
- Add, maintain and update the substance dictionary in a timely manner within deadlines.
- Respond to requests for addition and amendment of organisation name, address and contact data, and other reference data, within deadlines
- Investigate appropriate information sources to ensure the accuracy, avoiding duplication, of data added to MHRA system dictionaries.
- Advise on the correct use of terms within the MHRA system dictionaries.
- Support the Data, Knowledge, Information Management function with administrative tasks.
- Support applying data quality improvements across a range of datasets.
The successful candidate will have a degree in chemistry, or equivalent, with a good knowledge of biology, or a combined chemistry and biology/biological science/biomedical science degree, or equivalent.
Experience of working in a regulatory environment is an advantage but not essential. However, you will need research skills, good verbal and written communication skills and an interest in/awareness of data management and analytics. You will have great organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet tight deadlines.
It is anticipated that this secondment will be required for up to 2 years.
Closing date:18 August 2019
- Employer: Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
- Reference: MHRA
- Updated: 27th July 2019
- Expires: 18th August 2019