Graduate Analytical Chemist based within a R&D centre of Excellence in Manchester
Title Graduate Analytical Chemist
Location Greater Manchester
SRG are working with an industry leading innovative organisation responsible for designing unique additives & speciality chemicals for a variety of applications. They are leading the way in the synthesis of novel compounds to enhance the longevity, durability and usefulness of a variety of products. They are now seeking to hire a graduate analytical chemist to join them at their well established and well equipped UK centre of R&D excellence based in Manchester.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a graduate chemist who demonstrates a genuine passion to begin a career as an expert analyst. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop analytical skills, work with expert analysts and contribute to the success of the business.
Benefits: Working alongside a well-established team at the company R&D centre of excellence this position can offer 33 days annual leave, 7% pension scheme, and a Private medical care scheme.
The role will offer full training and the successful candidate will do 3 month rotations in:
* Separations/Chromatography- preparing samples, operating Agilent HPLC, GC & Chemstation Software
* Sample preparation for Bruker NMR, running the instrument & Problem solving
* Thermal techniques- Operation of TGA & DSC
* Spectroscopic Techniques HPLCMS, GCMS, IR & UV
For each rotation you will be trained by an expert
In the longer term this position will be responsible for providing an expert analytical service, supporting the business through the use of a variety of analytical techniques & solving complex analytical problems. Duties will include:
* Extraction, identification and quantification of additives using HPLC, GC, and Mass Spec
* Development of new analytical methods as required
* Collaborating with the process development team to analyse & understand new chemical processes.
* Providing detailed data for the registration of new products (REACh, FDA)
* Responding to requests of information from customers -providing detailed reports.
37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday - flexible working hours offered as standard
* A degree in Chemistry, Analytical science or a relevant field
* Proven analytical experience
* Proven ability with HPLC & GCMS, with the ability to research and develop new methods
* Proactive attitude & excellent communication skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srg.co.uk . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Analytical, Analyst, Chemist, Graduate, HPLC, Organic
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Nathan Fairhurst
- Phone: 0161 868 2227
- Reference: J33316
- Posted: 11th September 2019
- Expires: 9th October 2019